Monday, April 26, 2010

suddenly i see, this is where i wanna be

Well at least I made two posts in one month, which is the best I have done in a while. Life has just been busy lately and I have been making moves toward achieving what I want to. First things first, Minute Man now has a girlfriend. I wished him well and truly meant it. The only thing I am sad about is how I was dating him for the whole summer (which for the first two or so months went really, really well) and it was never made official yet he dates this girl for what seems like a few weeks and they're official. I know that deep down in my heart this whole thing is a blessing in disguise but it just sucked for a few minutes you know?

On to what I really wanna talk about.. I went to the NYCI and registered for classes. I'm taking 4 classes (14 credits) this semester, including a math class with my supervisor! I'm really excited, I just wanna work really hard and get through this already. It is really comforting to know that what I am doing is going towards something and I will be successful at it. My semester starts May 17 and ends on my birthday, September 17. Good grades seems like a fabulous birthday gift. With St. John's though, I have major transfer-itis. It has gotten to the point where I no longer care especially since most (if not all) of my credits from this semester are not going to transfer. I just have to make sure that I do not fail any classes since I think that if I do I will be forced to sit out for 6 months before going to school.

I've decided to make another big change in my life - I am getting a haircut! I know that seems small but to me it is huge. I can't even remember the last time I have had my hair short so I am terrified. I'm going to have the front touching my shoulder with side bangs and angles and then the back is going to be stacked but not too, too short. I'm excited though, I just hope it looks good. I'm also trying out new eyeshadow colors and such since I pretty much always look the same everyday. I will definitely post a pic of the new haircut so be HONEST. I'll just wear a bag over my head until it grows out.

Even though I was feeling a little burned about the whole Minute Man situation before I have decided to look on the bright side. FINALLY I will be single (well, at least single where I am ACTING single as well) and over 21 in the summer! Unfortunately I really won't be having much of a summer vacation anymore since I will be in school year round plus working at the bank but I will definitely have some fun. There are just so many things that I want to do before I get into another relationship. I really want to go to Fleet Week this year! Maybe its because my dad was a soldier but I just think that the uniform is sexy. Also I want to go to happy hour after class since I am already in the city and the gorgeous businessman is my type.

I just need to learn how to love myself and be happy with myself before I even think of letting someone else into the picture. I just need to settle my life and where I am going with it first and I feel that I am finally on the right path so, stay tuned and see...

1 comment:

JerseySjov said...

the thing where a guy says he's not into dating, then turns around and is in a relationship with another girl- that happens to me ALL. THE. TIME.

good luck with the haircut! even if it looks great you'll probably feel weird about it for a while since it is a pretty big change.

Post a Comment