Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 2 of Reverb10

Since I might possibly have a date (more on this later!) tonight, I am going to rush through the Reverb for today and get it done before work. Todays prompt -

December 2 Writing.
What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it?
(Author: Leo Babauta)

I'm going to tweak this one a bit because outside of this blog I really don't write and its not this serious. So I am going to refer to writing as writing on my steno machine (AKA practicing). What really affects me from practicing more is utter laziness. I am just so wiped out between work and school then when I get to go home and have free time, I sleep. A two hour nap turns into a four hour nap and then I end up not practicing that night because I am too tired. Right now I am still at lower (i.e. - EASIER) speeds so its not too big of a deal but in a few weeks I will be taking my 50WPM and 60WPM tests and for those I NEED to practice. It is impossible to get through court reporting school without practicing on your machine for at least 1-2 hours a day in addition to class time so I really need to step up my game. To help with this I have been staying after school (where I can't sleep) and practicing for a few hours a night and I am already starting to see an improvement.

Someone suggested on my last post that to celebrate 100 posts I should do a small re-cap of my favorite posts so far. I will definitely think about that, especially for my new followers (shoutout!) who might not know what is going on. I have an out-of-town wedding this weekend but will get that post started soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment