Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sometimes its better to forget what you want and remember what you deserve.

Here are the two Reverb10 prompts from this weekend that I missed.

December 4Wonder. How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year? (Author: Jeffrey Davis)

I guess I just did a lot of wondering about my future and where my life was going. Its not that much different from what I have wondered every other year of my life though.

December 5Let Go. What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why? (Author: Alice Bradley)

I let go of the dream that I had of graduating from St. John's and becoming an event planner (ultimate goal is to open my own catering hall). I am 23 and would be 27 by the time I would have been done with everything, including grad school. I also would be in close to $150,000 worth of debt starting out in an entry-level position in the hospitality industry. Not happening. Now I am much more motivated to go to class and do my work because I know what direction I am heading towards now. Who knows, maybe one day I will eventually open that catering hall but for right now, I know that I am meant to be a court reporter.

I had a lot of fun this weekend thanks to both my family and the guy that I went on the date with. He ended up driving down to PA, going out with us after the wedding and staying over with me. I am still behind on my homework so I am going to go into the details and that and the weekend in general tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment