Wednesday, May 26, 2010

only you have the power to change yourself

So watching the Biggest Loser finale has of course brought up thoughts of my own personal goals. I took a look at my 101 in 1001 and realized that I needed to do some editting. The only goals that I have completed/made some headway in are my job related ones but still I am very proud of myself. Having a job not only gives me something to do and a sense of responsibility, but it is nice to have money to go out with and to be able to pay off my bills. Since I have nothing to do on the bus in the morning (I'm afraid if I nap I will sleep passed my stop) I usually map out how I will go out paying off my bills. I am taking a little lession from Suze Orman and trying to pay off the bills with the highest interest first. Since I am a plastic-addict I will keep one card as a "working" card that I will use once it is paid off. It is the card from the bank I work at, has a reasonable interest, rewards and most importantly - still has a low limit from when I first opened it (student card). So even if I max it out, I will still be able to pay it off monthly. Its not that I have bad credit, I have always paid my bills on time, even if it was just the minimum. If anything, I will just improve my credit score. After I pay off my bills I will begin to build up my savings account. My goal is to have a semester or so paid off by the time I graduate, which is very reasonable.

So, now the big elephant in the room. Oh wait no, that's just my reflection! Ok, in all seriousness I am NOT as big as an elephant, nor do I look like one. I just have a shit-ton of weight that I really should lose. If not for looks purposes (oddly enough, I'm confident with my appearance) then for health reasons. Granted I am pretty healthy right now, I will not stay that way much longer. Diabetes is really dominant in my blood line, to the point that it is a guarantee I will have it if I do not lose weight. That is some scary shit, especially since my uncle just had to have his foot amputated because of it. I'd like to keep my feet and ALL of my appendages, thank you. I'm just making healthier decisions now. Even if I'm not super thin, at least I'll be somewhat healthier. I also have decided to try and ween myself off of soda, diet snapple and coffee - my three biggest vices. AND I'm not buying anymore cigarettes. So predictions for the end of the summer? I will either (a) gain 50 lbs (b) kill my mother (c) kill myself. Let's see which one happens.

Newly updated 101 in 1001 list can be found here so yay! I hope I make some sort of change in my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't the finale so inspiring? I found myself tearing up nearly every five minutes over the transformations.. Just the smiles on their faces were priceless. Good for you in going for your goals! Wishing you the best of luck! I will be cheering you on lady.

Best,

Hannah Katy

Post a Comment