Monday, May 24, 2010

the universe may not always play fair but at least it has a hell of a sense of humor.

Since the premiere of Sex and the City 2 is later this week I felt it would be fitting to title this entry after one of my favorite quotes. Of course I was a little skeptical about the sequal because I don't want them to kill it for me but it is already receiving good reviews.

I did not realize that its been ten days since my last post. I just did not think school and work would be as time consuming.

So court reporting... so far, so good. Just very, very challenging. Right now I am managing to keep up with it and am getting in a decent amount of practice each night so its not SO bad but it definitely is difficult to get used to. You have to type in shorthand which in itself is like learning a different language. It is definitely not easy but I know that if I keep up with it I will be fine. I feel like a high school freshman though. Since our real steno machines have not come in yet, we have these rentals that are like circa 1970 and they come in this backpack. With the machine and all of my books in it, the bag has to weigh at LEAST 40 pounds and sweet Jesus, is it heavy! I never thought I would look forward to having a wheely bag in my life. I like the school though, I made some friends in my classes and love that I am in downtown.

So this past Friday was formal. Due to a series of unfortunate events I was actually NOT attending this year, up until 1:30 that afternoon. In a quick rush I managed to get a mani/pedi/wax, buy shoes/pantihose and pack up my things by 4 and was on the road. It was a complete SHITSHOW and I was a disaster. I had a lot of fun, I danced my ass off, drank my face off and then cried my head off. If I remember correctly, I looked at the empty seat next to me and remembered that back when I was with Tight Wad, I never had formal date issues. Apparently I was laughing hysterically as I was crying because I realized how stupid I sounded. All in all, I had a lot of fun and I am really glad that I went. I really needed to let lose and that is exactly what I did!

So yesterday Dora dropped one hell of a bomb, that she was planning on moving to North Carolina. Obviously, that is one hell of a trek from New York City. I think I reacted the way any normal best friend would. I'm obviously not happy about the fact that she is moving far, far away but I agree with and am almost jealous of her motive of beginning her life. This does not mean I will be happy ABOUT it, but when the time comes I will be happy FOR (and supportive of) her. However, she needs to adopt an unconventional, non-domestic animal and name it after Atticus Finch, or else.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not getting a donkey, goat or any other smelly farm animal. Ill get a fish. Thats all. lol. Or a puppy

Nikki Jo said...

Keyword - unconventional

Post a Comment