Friday, July 2, 2010

new dating adventure, wherein I end up on the six o'clock news

So due to Dora's recent success, I decided to try another method of meeting guys. I will not admit what site it is, I'm still trying to get used to the concept but its one where many freaks hide out. I'm just being very cautious but honestly, so far so good. A LOT better than eharmony, especially since its free. Biggest mistake of my life was paying for that site. Lesson learned though.

I started talking to this gorgeous man who is WAY out of my league last night. Actually, I shouldn't say that because I once felt that Tight Wad was out of my league and clearly he wasn't. The whole time I just kept thinking to myself "Too good to be true, too good to be true". Then he started repeatedly asking for me to try and sneak out or to call him (I live with my mom, this was at 3AM) after I said no. Is this how 30 year old men act? Is this the norm and maybe I'm not used to it because I'm still in my early twenties? It just gives me the willies (yes, I did just say that) especially considering where I met him. He gave me his word that he's not a creep but let's be real, his word is going to mean shit when the K-9 squad has to dig up my body in Clove Lakes Park. While he's my type to a T, he is just moving way too fast for my comfort level.

Oh, you are probably what exactly possessed me to join this site? I came to the conclusion last night that I am like a dog in heat. Its bad. Like I never really complain about not "getting any" and I think a lot of my reason for it is because I'm not open to just a random encounter but, its getting bad. Right now I am at the longest point I have gone, I was at this point last year but I was dating Minute Man so I knew that relief was on its way. I did not anticipate that relief being for less than two minutes but, shit happens. Still I am not just looking for a fun night. I'm looking for a guy that I could be excited about again, that I could feel that connection with, that I could want to kiss and just have that attraction to.

All eharmony has bought me are complete dudes and I'm getting tired of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment