Monday, January 24, 2011

30 not-so-interesting facts about yours truly.

Today began what I like to refer to as the "Stress free week of school" AKA the week between terms when academic classes have ended and all we have to go in for is our steno classes. While its a pain in the ass to wake up and commute for 2 hours (3 with traffic) in total just for one 90 minute class, it is really nice to have a week that I don't have to worry about studying or doing homework. Since I have gotten home from school I have been watching season two of Sex and the City in its entirety and I have never felt more relaxed. Or more self-aware.


Me in my sophomore year of high school. I figured this was appropriate for this post.


DAY 06: Write 30 interesting facts about yourself.

(I cannot guarantee that all, if any, of these will be interesting)

1) I was born and raised in Staten Island. I've lived in four houses, all within a three mile radius of each other.
2) I have 9 nieces and nephews and only two of them are younger than me.
3) I make amazing brownies from scratch yet if I make them from a box they suck.
4) I probably could not keep up a conversation in Italian yet I am able to sing Christmas songs for you.
5) I was banned from my senior prom one week before it.
6) I never got into Harry Potter. I made it halfway through the first book before giving up.
7) It took me 22 years to figure out what I am going to do with my life.
8) I have handled money in every job that I have had (with the exception of one).
9) When I was 8 I watched an episode of Unsolved Mysteries that absolutely traumatized me.
10) As a result, I need to have the TV on to be able to fall asleep. (unless I'm with someone else)
11) I know how to read and write in stenography shorthand, which is like a whole other language in itself.
12) I am obsessed with old things like buildings/billboards and such.
13) I have never left the country, or the east coast for that matter.
14) I SUCK at parallel parking yet I can maneuver into a normal spot like a boss.
15) I tend to use terms like "whaddup Oprah" and "shappens" in every day language.
16) I'm extremely sarcastic and have a really fucked up sense of humor.
17) Pink is my favorite color yet you will hardly see me wearing it.
18) I love pugs.
19) My current pug Tammy is lying next to me and my childhood pug Bandit is lying in a tin can in our wall-unit.
20) I still remember how to tap dance and all first five positions of ballet.
21) I have the ability to laugh at myself and sometimes I think it is the only thing that keeps me sane.
22) I'm from Staten Island and I have managed to get lost while driving to the Jersey shore.
23) I used to hate beer when I was younger but now I am developing a good taste for it.
24) I was born on my grandparent's anniversary.
25) I have never broken a bone in my life.
26) I have a vivid imagination.
27) SO vivid that in my freshman year of high school I made up a life to tell people since I was ashamed of the one I had lived.
28) I love sushi and could probably eat it every day of the week.
29) I've wanted to be a writer ever since I can remember and I swear I will have a book published one day.
30) It took me seven hours to compose this list.

1 comment:

Lady Fromage said...

7 hours? Wow! Great list though! I never got into Harry Potter either.

Post a Comment