Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I am bitch, hear me roar.

Today I took an impromptu day off from school because well, I can. My grades are already in so the absences won't lower my grade for steno and since my teacher can no longer give 70wpm speed tests, I really am not missing much. I am not sure if I want to take tomorrow off as well and just clean my room/organize things for the new term. I am definitely going in Thursday though. It is our last class with our teacher (until we hit the 160-180 class) and he was amazing. I don't know, I'll decide by the end of this post. So while watching Maury this morning and eating pretzels with Nutella (best couple ever!) I realized that I should take advantage of this day and not be lazy. I decided it would be a grand idea to put the TV stand together that came about a month ago and was still in its box behind the couch. I have been waiting now over three years to complete my bedroom and this is the final thing that has to be done. So I cracked open a bottle of wine (and its cork, for that matter) and somehow managed to lug the 80 pound box (which is as tall as me) up the stairs. True to my organized self, I laid everything out on my bed and once all of the parts and screws were accounted for, I went to work. I assembled the first half of it rather quickly but then ran into a part that required a second set of hands to stabilize the piece while I screwed it -- that's what I said -- in place. In total it took seven hours, cost me a ½ bottle of wine and a blood clot but I am definitely proud of myself!


Seriously, who needs a man?


DAY 07: Your zodiac sign and if you think it fits your personality.

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a true Virgo. I can go on and on about this but I will spare you and just post a few examples off of websites that display the qualities of a Virgo.

Highly intelligent, Virgos also possess a clever, sarcastic sense of humor that shows an awareness of yourself and others. You are also very observant and have an eye for detail. This is of course how you get your reputation for being fussy and nitpicking - you can see things that other people miss. You are a perfectionist and details are important to you. (Source: All About Virgo)

Virgo females also need to know exactly where they stand. She is not necessarily adverse to a brief romantic fling, as long as she is made aware of that fact from the very beginning. (Source: Virgo: Relationships and Compatibility)

While Virgos can be worrywarts, they do their best to temper these impulses. (Source: Astrology.com)

Those are just some of the many traditional Virgo qualities that I possess. While I agree with my sign, I do not allow horoscopes to rule my life. If I did, I would not have dated half the men that I have had or be friends with some of the people I am friends with. I just think the facts are interesting, especially when my horoscope is dead-on for exactly what is going on with my life.

Oh, and for those keeping track, I am taking another day off tomorrow. I have to clean my room, put all my stuff in my new TV stand and go to the dentist.

2 comments:

Jet-Setting Divas said...

Cute tv stand! I put all of my own wall art and wall sconces up in my own apartment---too amazing lol.

Nikki Jo said...

See THAT I know I cannot do. My aunt is amazing at that though so as long as I am living alone, she will have to help me decorate every place I live in.

Post a Comment