Friday, June 18, 2010

one is (so not) the loneliest number

So tonight I was out to dinner with one of my co-workers (ironically, this is the only one that I complain about from time to time) who is the same age as I am and also single. The conversations that we had got me thinking and I finally came to the realization that I am fine being single. I am only 22, I still have plenty of time to find a man. Also I don't feel that I am in the right point of my life to start a serious relationship. If anything, I'm sure I could casually find the time to date someone but as far as establishing a serious relationship goes, I am already in one with my steno. Oh yes, that is what my machine looks like. It is a loaner from the school and hopefully we are getting our real ones soon! Anyway, back on topic. I don't think I want another relationship until I am done with school and working. I just will have my life settled by then and maybe I will be looking to settle down. Of course, if I happen to meet "the one" before then, I won't push him away. I am just no longer concerned or feeling that I am missing out because I am single. I figure that these are going to be the best years of my life, especially after I finish school, start working and have the money to do things that I want to. I without a doubt want to travel before settling down. Sure, traveling with your significant other would be fun but I want to do it with my friends mainly. I don't think I have to worry about not finding someone at my age. In five or so years, when I am inching closer to 30, THEN I will start to get concerned ;) I always told my cousin that if I am not married or in a serious relationship by my 30th birthday that she has to buy me my first cat. In all seriousness, I'll meet him when the time is right.

Not a Michael Buble person but this line definitely sums up how I feel -

"Wherever you are, whenever its right, you'll come out of nowhere and into my life"

Give me a few months, once it gets to the winter time I will definitely be longing for someone to cuddle up and stay in with during a snow storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment