Friday, January 15, 2010

Future Betty motherfuckin' Crocker?

So the last few days I have been doing a lot of cooking and baking and I never realized how much I really enjoy doing so. I'm starting to build my recipe book, taking recipes from family members and other websites so that I could learn how to cook really well. Who knows, maybe this could be something. Instead of concentrating in the events aspect of the hospitality industry maybe I am meant to be in culinary? OR I could do catering which is a combination of both. I have a few things that I would like to do with event management, one would be to either intern or get a job as an event planner for the Waldorf Astoria. I was fortunate enough to receive a free ticket to the President's Dinner at school and it was held there (ticket was worth $750) and going there was just AMAZING!! I took so many pictures and was just truly in awe, it was an amazing night and I will never forget it. That is sort of my dream job but what I have that is more of a realistic goal is to work for a catering company and one day to own my own. It is either this route or corporate events, I like both of them so whatever the outcome I will be happy.

I somehow managed to mess up my sleeping schedule again and class starts on Wednesday so I must fix it. I also have a lot to do tomorrow (food shopping, clean my room, laundry, eyebrows and get a mani) so I have to be up early.

Also - check out my recipe blog here because I have been updating it left and right with things I have been making lately. Enjoy!

2 comments:

JerseySjov said...

you got a $750 dinner for free? i'm jealous

Nikki Jo said...

Lol and our dinner was considered the "cheap" one of the night. Normally students are not invited to it but my professor was the event planner so she invited her class, it was amazing!

Post a Comment