I started this list over a year ago after my breakup as a way to become excited about being newly single. I always meant to post it on LJ but I had forgotten all about it, until today when I found it while cleaning my desk.
The KNOT List: Things to do before I tie the knot
1) Graduate from college and get my masters degree.
2) Lose all of the weight that I need to/want to
3) Get all of the plastic surgery I need to have after I use the weight. (boob job included)
4) Pay off all of my credit card debt (only about $1500) and most (if not all) of my student loans (will be close to $100,000)
5) Be established in my career and love to go to work everyday
6) Lease a brand new car and get over my fear of driving
7) Travel EVERYWHERE
8) Go on a cruise
9) Go to Vegas
10) Go to NOLA for Mardi Gras
11) Celebrate my birthday as lavishly as I can
12) Move out and live on my own
13) Casually date at least two men simultaneously.
14) Run the NYC marathon
15) Date a man with a shitload of money and allow him to spoil me
16) Go to LA and stalk celebrities
17) Buy myself a very expensive piece of jewerly/pair of shoes
18) Have at least one photo album for every month of my life.
19) Become completely self-sufficent
20) Figure out how to disconnect sex from emotions
21) Learn Italian
22) Take a cooking class
23) Learn how to sew
24) Make a scrapbook for each major stage in my life (eg - HS, sorority years)
25) NEVER SETTLE FOR ANYTHING LESS THAN BUTTERFLIES